Saturday, May 15, 2021

Seven Things

 So, one of the pieces of advice that I have run across several times is that writing down a daily list of accomplishments is a good idea.  Most of the advice has been along the lines of "write down ten things you did today" or 'write down ten things you are grateful for".

So, I'm going to give it a shot, but I'm only going to do seven things a day.

Here is yesterday's list:

  1. Fixed a loose piece on Leah's sewing machine cabinet, which I'm now using for my primary computer desk.  I know we bought this cabinet, used, not long after we got married, and it's probably the only piece of furniture that I still own from the early days.   
  2. Moved money from Leah's savings into our joint savings to pay for a variety of expenses, both past and future.
  3. Ate breakfast
  4. Shredded a full shredder basket worth of paper
  5. Went to Target and bought some minor things I needed and also bought some food.
  6. Tried to work in the yard, but just couldn't.  Working in the yard and playing an online computer game were the last two things Leah and I did before she fell ill.
  7. Went to a friend's house and ate a reasonably healthy dinner.

Here is today's list:
  1. Got up at my (new) regular time
  2. Cooked and ate breakfast
  3. Dealt with ALL the thank you cards for every condolence card I've received so far
  4. Did laundry
  5. Worked on some 3D printing
  6. Worked on Leah's clothes
  7. Looked at the paperwork from Leah's office about her death benefits.  It's a LOT of paper (close to an inch thick stack).  Can't actually deal with it today.  Will call her HR contact on Monday to discuss it.

No comments:

The Seven Things - May 18-19

So, I failed to do even seven things yesterday: 1 - Showered, shaved, brushed my teeth in the morning! 2 - Finished filling out the paperwor...